It’s August already, and we all know what that means. Back-to-school shopping! In honor of this lovely time of year I complied a list of stores and online sites that are sure to have some great back-to-school finds. Check it out, and let me know if there are any great places I missed!
1. Find in Portland. Located on Free St. Find is a great thrift store, with even better prices. They have trendy clothes and one of the best selections of shoes I’ve ever seen in a thrift store! Find also buys clothes from customers.
2. T.J. Maxx and Marshalls have multiple locations throughout Maine including Bangor, Portland, Ellsworth, and Rockland. Both these stores have everything you could ever need for back to school. Aside from great deals on clothes and shoes, they also have some bargain prices on dorm room essentials (think laundry baskets, sheets, pillows, mattress covers, etc.)
3. Ruche is an online site that features small boutique designs and indie designers. They sell vintage inspired clothes and accessories, as well as some chic vintage inspired odds and ends.
4. Zane in Portland. Zane is a chic little boutique on Exchange St. that offers designer clothing from labels such as L.A.M.B., Anna Sui, and McQ-Alexander McQueen. They also have LiveME apparel, designed locally!
5. Frock Affair in Downtown Bangor. This boutique is a mix of Maine and international designs and has a very classic, yet trendy style. It has quite the variety, so there’s really something for everyone
6. Forever 21 in The Maine Mall in South Portland. Forever 21 is a go to store for high trend items and accessories. The reasonable prices won’t make you feel guilty about buying something that may go out of style in a few months.
7. American Retro in Downtown Bangor. This cool store is overflowing with name brand finds and they’re all at great thrift store prices. They also have a good selection of shoes, belts, purses and other accessories.
8. UrbanOG is an online shopping site that caters to the wilder side of fashion. They have a plethora of crazy prints, bold shapes, and funky shoes. Be sure to check out their Deals of The Day, which feature full price items on sale (usually 50% off or more) for one day.
9. Aerie in The Bangor Mall and The Maine Mall. For bra and underwear shopping Aerie is the place to go. The 7/$26.50 deal on underwear is truly unbeatable. Plus, if you sign up for their rewards program you can get lots of good coupons.
10. Bliss in Portland. Bliss is another great boutique, also on Exchange St. has lots of chic, casual styles and cute boots for fall! They have J Brand, Joe’s Jeans, Seven for All Mankind, Citizen’s of Humanity, and many more high quality brands.
11. Etsy is an awesome online site that focuses on handmade items. Many local Maine designers sell their clothing and jewelry on here. It’s a great way to get one-of-a-kind pieces and support a growing business.